Thursday 13 June 2013

Top 5 tips for abstract painting....and creating textile art!

Whilst watching videos of abstract artists on youtube I came across this really inspiring video. The artist discusses his top "5 tips to make better abstract paintings" but I personally think that these 5 tips lend themselves perfectly to creating textile art.
 
 
I am definitely going to apply these tips to my own work to some degree in order to help me to create something really exciting and beautiful.  Please watch the video as the artist really explains each tip very well and uses examples to demonstrate his point.  
 
These 5 tips are:
              1. Tools,
              2. Complementary colours,
              3. Use the whole space,
              4. Layers,
              5. Mental tip

 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment