Monday 22 July 2013

Art and Design, by definition

I sometimes get lost in my work and in my direction and I then feel that it is helpful to come right back to the beginning and remind myself of obvious basis. For this purpose here are the definitions of art and design as a way of defining how I work and what path I am on:

ART:

noun
  • 1 [mass noun] the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power
DESIGN:
Noun
A plan or drawing produced to show the look and function or workings of a building, garment, or other object before it is built or made.
Verb
Decide upon the look and functioning of (a building, garment, or other object), typically by making a detailed drawing of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment